The Association of Professional Bankers, Sri Lanka (APB) was established in year 1988. It has been the most representative organizations of banking professionals in the Island and has functioned as a forum that brings together leading personalities in business administration and intellectual discussion in the contemporary banking scene.
The APB is seeking the services of an Administrative Secretary to the Council.
Key Responsibilities :
Manage all the key functions of the Association and play a pivotal role in administrating activities effectively.
Scope of Work :
- Prepare a variety of high quality, written memos, letters, notices and other documents related to the Association.
- Prepare and distribute itineraries, letters, memos and meeting minutes etc and keep track of RSVPs for events and meetings making sure that things are not overlooked.
- Arrange for conferences, meetings and other annual events of APB including preparation of agendas, list of participants, reservation of venues, arrangements for refreshments and necessary arrangements for transportation etc.
- Manage, plan and organize APB calendar on advice of the Council of the APB including posting same as appropriate to relevant authorities.
- Manage membership dues of APB members and inform members to receive same as planned.
- Update APB membership database and ensure accuracy of information.
- Liaise with sponsoring organizations for various events organized by the APB and ensure receipts of sponsorships.
- Maintain cordial relationships/communication with stakeholders of APB including its members, sponsors, printers, suppliers, business contacts etc.
- Maintenance of accounts including cash book, ledger accounts and preparation of income & expenditure accounts, fixed deposits and treasury bill account statements monthly.
- Carryout routine office duties including maintenance of correspondence, filing etc.
Required Qualifications & Skills :
- Excellent verbal and written communication knowledge in English/Tamil/Sinhala
- Ability to plan, organize and execute tasks within a short time frame
- Proficiency in Office Software Applications
- Ability to carry out multiple tasks
- Good interpersonal skills
- Sound knowledge in book keeping
Required Experience :
- Working experience as a Senior Executive or above in a Bank/Financial Institution for over 20 years or
- A retired Banker who is an Associate Member of Institute of Bankers and qualification in banking – AIB/DBF
Age : Over 55 years
Remuneration : Competitive remuneration will be offered to the right candidate.
Please apply indicating contact telephone nos. within 07 days of this advertisement to :-
5th Floor, West Wing,
Bank of Ceylon Building
York Street, Colombo 01.
E-mail : email@example.com